So we all know how cooking with coconut oil is good for you. There are so many benefits of digesting coconut oil, like lowering cholesterol. It can also help you to lose weight. There are so many health benefits of using this oil compared to using other oils.
I have found that there are so many other ways we can use coconut oil. A few I have tried and others I haven’t but am going to.
This is the kind I use. I get it at Cost Plus World Market. It’s organic and unrefined. It doesn’t really matter if its unrefined when using it as part of your beauty routine but unrefined just means its at it purest. It’s going to have a stronger coconut taste as well.
Here are 5 tips you can try:
- The first thing I heard about was using the oil to whiten your teeth. I tried this for a few days and gave it up since it was actually kind of gross. I did notice a slight change which was nice but I just couldn’t get passed the texture. But what you want to do is take a small spoonful of the oil and swish it around your mouth for 20 minutes. You don’t want to swallow it because the oil will pull bacteria out so once the 20 minutes is up spit it out into the trash can not the sink.
- The next tip is to use the oil on the skin. If you are out of moisturizer but have the oil on hand you can just take a small amount and warm it up but rubbing it between your hands then rub all over your face.
- You can also take a small amount and warm it between your fingers and use it just under the eyes and will help prevent wrinkles.
- If you don’t have any shaving cream, you can use the oil instead. Again, use a small amount and rub the oil on your legs, then shave as normal. You can also use it as a lotion for after shaving if you want.
- Want to deep condition your hair but don’t want to spend the money on a good one? Use coconut oil! All you want to do is take small amounts at a time, warm the oil between your hands and start running your hands and fingers through the ends of your hair working your way up. Once hair is covered with the oil, use a shower cap to hold your hair in. Leave on for 20-30 minutes then wash out with shampoo. Your hair doesn’t have to be soaked in it just use enough to have a light coat.
There are several different ways to use coconut oil but these are the couple I have tried and want to try. Let me know if you’ve tried any of these or different ways you use coconut oil. Thanks for stopping by.