I just got the 2 new books from trim healthy mama and just skimmed through them and it looks like there are tons of yummy things to try, so I can’t wait to start making making meals and getting back on track.
I wanted to share this recipe today since this is what I am making for dinner tonight. I don’t think I’ve shared it before but it’s the trim healthy mama Pearl’s chili. It’s an “s” or “s helper” meal that feeds a large family. I love this chili and even though it’s just me and Kyle, I really like making it. We get lots of left overs from it.
To get started, I like to set everything I will need out on the counter. I forgot to add the meat in the picture but we usually use organic/grass fed hamburger meat that we get in a 3 pack from Costco. It tastes better and is better for you but you can use whatever you usually use. The recipe calls for 3 pounds of meat but I just use one of packs of meat which is about a pound and a half i believe.
- Ground Beef
- Cans of Diced Green Chilies and Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Sea Salt and Other Seasonings
- Brown 3 pounds of meat in large pot and drain of excess fat
- Add 1 large chopped onion and cook with ground beef for a couple of minutes
- Add 2 cans diced Rotel green chilies and tomatoes for spicier chili, or 1 can Rotel style chilies and tomatoes and 1 can petite diced tomatoes for a milder chili.
- Add 1 small (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- Add 1-1 1/2 drained (15 oz.) cans of any type of beans.
- Add 1-2 empty cans of water, depending how much broth you like.
- Add sea salt, 1 Tbs. chili powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, good squirt or two of Bragg Liquid Aminos, and for those who like it extra spicy, some good shakes of cayenne pepper.
- Simmer all ingredients for 45 to 1 hour on stove, or cook on low in crock pot all day.
This is really easy to make and to change up if you want. I change a couple of things. I don’t use the Braggs liquid aminos or cayenne pepper, and I like to use more beans.
I can’t wait to make this tonight. I really love making this during the Fall and Winter months, even though right now it’s been pretty hot here. I love making soups and chili since they are usually budget friendly. Let me know if you make this and if you’ve changed it up a little bit. Thanks for stopping by!