So we all know how cooking with coconut oil is good for you. There are so many benefits of digesting coconut oil, like lowering cholesterol. It can also help you to lose weight. There are so many health benefits of using this oil compared to using other oils.
I have found that there are so many other ways we can use coconut oil. A few I have tried and others I haven’t but am going to.
This is the kind I use. I get it at Cost Plus World Market. It’s organic and unrefined. It doesn’t really matter if its unrefined when using it as part of your beauty routine but unrefined just means its at it purest. It’s going to have a stronger coconut taste as well.
Here are 5 tips you can try:
- The first thing I heard about was using the oil to whiten your teeth. I tried this for a few days and gave it up since it was actually kind of gross. I did notice a slight change which was nice but I just couldn’t get passed the texture. But what you want to do is take a small spoonful of the oil and swish it around your mouth for 20 minutes. You don’t want to swallow it because the oil will pull bacteria out so once the 20 minutes is up spit it out into the trash can not the sink.
- The next tip is to use the oil on the skin. If you are out of moisturizer but have the oil on hand you can just take a small amount and warm it up but rubbing it between your hands then rub all over your face.
- You can also take a small amount and warm it between your fingers and use it just under the eyes and will help prevent wrinkles.
- If you don’t have any shaving cream, you can use the oil instead. Again, use a small amount and rub the oil on your legs, then shave as normal. You can also use it as a lotion for after shaving if you want.
- Want to deep condition your hair but don’t want to spend the money on a good one? Use coconut oil! All you want to do is take small amounts at a time, warm the oil between your hands and start running your hands and fingers through the ends of your hair working your way up. Once hair is covered with the oil, use a shower cap to hold your hair in. Leave on for 20-30 minutes then wash out with shampoo. Your hair doesn’t have to be soaked in it just use enough to have a light coat.
There are several different ways to use coconut oil but these are the couple I have tried and want to try. Let me know if you’ve tried any of these or different ways you use coconut oil. Thanks for stopping by.
Today’s quick tip is on how to get smoother legs while shaving. I always notice that after doing this little trick, Kyle seems to notice a little more. This is what you will need:
- Shaving cream/ body wash
- Body scrub
* I didn’t have any shaving cream so I just used Kyle’s*
So first, you want to just shave your legs as normal. If you don’t use shaving cream, you can just use body wash or even hair conditioner. I’ve done that a couple of times. Next, you’ll want to use the body scrub and rub that all over your legs, then shave again. The body scrub will help get rid of any dead skin that is on your legs and shaving again will allow you get the spots you might have missed the first time.
If you don’t have a body scrub then you can make your own using sugar and olive oil. No special sugar is needed just whatever you have in the kitchen. Just make sure that you put more sugar than olive oil. You want the scrub to on the thicker side.
Always remember to moisturize after taking a shower or bath. That will keep your skin feeling really soft since the heat from the water can dry you out. That’s pretty much it. I hope this helped. Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to follow and subscribe. Thanks!
So today’s quick tip is on how to give any conditioner a boost. I actually got this tip from my sister and it works great. My hair is in pretty bad shape, so I do this probably about once a month. I should do it more often but my laziness gets the best of me. You can do this with any conditioner.
This is what you’ll need:
- Hand towel
- Hair clip
Wash your hair as normal, then add your conditioner and comb through your hair. Next clip your hair up so that it’s not dripping everywhere. Wet your hand towel and ring out just a little bit. You don’t want it to be soaking wet and get water everywhere. Place the towel in the microwave for 10 seconds. You want it to be pretty warm but not to the point that it burns you. So if it’s not warm enough then just heat it for another 10 seconds. Once the towel is warm, un-clip your hair and wrap your hair in the towel as normal. Leave your hair in the towel until it cools completely off. Then rinse and style your hair as normal.
You can do this a couple of times a week and it will leave your hair feeling super soft and silky. Let me know if you try it and how you like it. Thanks for stopping by. Don’t forget to follow and subscribe.
A while back I was looking for an easy way to detox and relax at the same time. I read a lot about adding Epsom salt to your bath water along with other things. I have never tried that because it says to only soak for 20 minutes and that kind of seemed odd to me. So I found a different way to detox in the bath. I found a blog post on it and I gave it a try. All you need is some green tea bags. I’m not sure if it really matters if it’s decaf or not. I just got mine at the grocery store so you don’t need to go out of your way to get any special kind. So this is the blog I found it on. http://www.heymcki.com/2013/01/herbal-detox-teagreen-tea.html
(These are the two different green teas that I have used)
I used 8 tea bags and added them while the water was running. You can use between 5 to 10 if you’d like, but 8 was good for me. I also left the tea bags in with me but I don’t think you have to. Green tea is so good for you but I never thought it would be so relaxing. I did this in a time that I was really stressed and it totally made me want to fall asleep right then and there. It would have been even better if I had lit some candles but this was so soothing. I highly recommend it if you’re just looking for some time to unwind or if you are super stressed out. I came out feel so calm and refreshed.
You can also apply green tea to your hair and it will sooth dandruff, reduce hair loss and increase hair growth (according to info I’ve found online). I’ve tried it a couple of time but didn’t notice a big change so I think it works over a period of time.
I love taking this bath though and then doing a face mask. It’s a great way to unwind and just have time to pamper yourself.
I hope you get to try this and enjoy a nice relaxing night. Don’t forget to subscribe and follow me to keep up with my latest posts. Feel free to leave me a comment as well. Thanks for stopping by.