I wanted to share a quick recipe I found on facebook. Its really quick and easy to make especially for those nights that you are super busy or just want a quick dinner that is filling!
You can use your favorite brands and just follow the recipe.
I used Organic ravioli from costco, Newman’s marinara sauce (one whole jar), and grated some mozzarella cheese. Just layer it like a lasagna!
That’s it! It’s super easy and super yummy! Hope you enjoy. Leave a comment on what your favorite pasta dish is! Thanks for stopping by!
I just got the 2 new books from trim healthy mama and just skimmed through them and it looks like there are tons of yummy things to try, so I can’t wait to start making making meals and getting back on track.
I wanted to share this recipe today since this is what I am making for dinner tonight. I don’t think I’ve shared it before but it’s the trim healthy mama Pearl’s chili. It’s an “s” or “s helper” meal that feeds a large family. I love this chili and even though it’s just me and Kyle, I really like making it. We get lots of left overs from it.
To get started, I like to set everything I will need out on the counter. I forgot to add the meat in the picture but we usually use organic/grass fed hamburger meat that we get in a 3 pack from Costco. It tastes better and is better for you but you can use whatever you usually use. The recipe calls for 3 pounds of meat but I just use one of packs of meat which is about a pound and a half i believe.
- Ground Beef
- Cans of Diced Green Chilies and Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Sea Salt and Other Seasonings
- Brown 3 pounds of meat in large pot and drain of excess fat
- Add 1 large chopped onion and cook with ground beef for a couple of minutes
- Add 2 cans diced Rotel green chilies and tomatoes for spicier chili, or 1 can Rotel style chilies and tomatoes and 1 can petite diced tomatoes for a milder chili.
- Add 1 small (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- Add 1-1 1/2 drained (15 oz.) cans of any type of beans.
- Add 1-2 empty cans of water, depending how much broth you like.
- Add sea salt, 1 Tbs. chili powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, good squirt or two of Bragg Liquid Aminos, and for those who like it extra spicy, some good shakes of cayenne pepper.
- Simmer all ingredients for 45 to 1 hour on stove, or cook on low in crock pot all day.
This is really easy to make and to change up if you want. I change a couple of things. I don’t use the Braggs liquid aminos or cayenne pepper, and I like to use more beans.
I can’t wait to make this tonight. I really love making this during the Fall and Winter months, even though right now it’s been pretty hot here. I love making soups and chili since they are usually budget friendly. Let me know if you make this and if you’ve changed it up a little bit. Thanks for stopping by!
I know last week I did a recipe but I wanted to share this one as well. It’s a homemade burrito bowl. I think THM (trim healthy mama) calls it a yum bowl. I wanted to make my own after having Chipotle. I really like the one from there but sometimes you just can’t afford to buy out so I wanted to make my own.
This recipe is super easy and quick. The plus side is that it’s healthy too. I’m not one to count calories or carbs and with this I feel like you really don’t need to. It’s also really easy to adjust to what your family wants. One tip is that if you are watching your fat intake, if you add cheese you will want to skip on the avocado and vice versa.
So this is what you will need:
- Brown rice
- Black, Pinto, and Kidney beans
- Lime juice
- Frozen Corn
- Salsa or hot sauce
Boil water with lime juice and add rice. Cook rice as directed. Rinse and drain beans and set aside. Cook corn in microwave or steam. Once rice is done, add a few shakes of cilantro and mix. Next, add beans and corn and mix well. If using cheese, serve in bowl, then top with cheese and microwave until cheese is melted. Then top with salsa or hot sauce. If skipping cheese, then cut avocado and top with salsa or hot sauce.
That’s it! Really simple and quick. It has become one of my most used “go-to” meals for sure. It’s pretty filling and like I said before I don’t count calories or carbs, I mostly just watch how much I’m eating. Let me know if you guys try it and if you do anything different. Thanks for stopping by!
Today I wanted to post this recipe I just tried. It was pretty good and I feel like it was on the healthier side of tasty meals. I’m not sure if this qualifies as a THM (trim healthy mama) meal or if it’s not plan approved but if you want to give it a try, it’s pretty good. So what I made was yellow curry chicken. I’ve never been big on curry so this was new and different for me to try and to make on my own. It may not be true to how it’s supposed to be made but it didn’t turn out too bad. I actually liked it. So here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Yellow Curry sauce
- Coconut oil or butter
We got the chicken from Costco, brown rice and veggies from Winco, Coconut oil from Cost plus world market but you can find it pretty much anywhere now, and the yellow curry sauce from Fresh and Easy but Trader Joe’s also has it.
- Thaw chicken breasts if frozen. Then cut into bite size pieces.
- In skillet, add enough coconut oil to cover the bottom then add the chicken pieces and cook until there’s no pink in the middle. Once chicken is done you may want to drain the liquid from the skillet.
- Cut onions however you like then add to skillet with your peas and carrots. I just used a mixture from the frozen section from the store. It might be easier if you get the kind that you cook in the microwave and cook as directed on the bag, then add to the skillet if you’re short on time. Otherwise the peas and carrots may take a while to cook. Cover skillet and let simmer until veggies are done.
- Once veggies are done, pour curry sauce over everything, stir and simmer and let sauce thicken.
I tried making this a one pan dinner but if that doesn’t work for you then you can cook everything separately then in a large bowl mix everything together and serve. You can also serve with rice. I made a rice medley that we got from Trader Joe’s and it was really good. I also made roasted baby golden potatoes. But you can make whatever your family likes. If you want it spicy you can add hot sauce to it too. I’m not big on spice so I just added some pepper. I don’t cook a lot with salt but you can add salt to it too.
It turned out pretty good in my opinion so if you’re looking for something new or different that you usually don’t make then I would give this a try. It was filling and there was plenty of left overs. Kyle took some to work and shared with a couple of co workers that said they liked it as well. So that’s always a plus!
Let me know if you try this and if you did anything different. Don’t forget to follow and subscribe! Thanks.